Wednesday, October 04, 2006

FIRST CONTACT

I am smashing the proverbial champagne bottle across the bow of this blog, as this is the maiden voyage entry. What is the purpose for this endeavor? I am sure it will be occasionally self-serving (I've often thought bloggers held their own opinions in too high of regard; I will fight the urge too take my musings too seriously), but I also desire for it to be a representation of my Christian worldview. There is a legend that Martin Luther underwent such severe spiritual warfare that he actually could see the devil oppressing him. As the story goes, one night the struggle became so real that he hurled a bottle of ink at Satan himself, striking the wall of his study. Some believe the ink stain is still seen today. I don't know how true the tale is, but I do believe that Christians who have an outlet (and most do) have a responsibility to thwart the devil in a vocal way. Christian writers can figuratively "hurl ink" at the devil (or in this age of cyberspace, hurl text). So, I will use this as one means of doing just that. However I may include some inane stories and dumb jokes along the way that only I deem interesting. It is, after all, MY blog. See ya 'round.

2 Comments:

Blogger DeGrimm said...

I love you, Baby!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Somebody's Nobody said...

Scott I feel like I'm ready some sort of psychology book. You're too smart with your verbage. Glad to call you my bro-in-law. Have fun.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home